Saturday, January 7, 2012

Throw A Little Polynesian In The Mix

Aloha everyone!

I haven't done any new work in a while but I have a good excuse: I now live in Hawaii! It is so easy to get distracted here. I get all set up to start paper cutting again and then I notice a double rainbow outside my window, or a friend stops by to see if I want to go to the beach, or there is a slack key concert going on RIGHT NOW, or I want to go check out the rooster sitting in the yard... the entertainment here is endless! So, two months later, I have started cutting again. My new studio space? My sunny front yard!

Anyway, I have been admiring all the polynesian tattoos I see people sporting around the island.  I have started designing paper cuts based off of traditional polynesian designs. Here is design #1:

2 comments:

  1. hi marina!

    googled "polynesian designs" looking for some things that are not the mainstream tribal look right now and this one of yours showed up. LOVE it!

    do you instagram?

    - josie (josie.havea@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josie! Thanks so much for your interest!

      I am LOVING Polynesian design right now, and am currently planning out some more pieces to share. Im having fun putting my own spin and interpretation to traditional designs. So cool!!

      Im not on Instagram...yet!...but I will let you know when I am :)

      Thanks again!

      Delete