Saturday, March 5, 2011

Got Milk? Got Inspiration?

Hey everyone! I just wanted to drop a quick note letting you know that because I am in the middle of my next paper project (the biggest one yet!!), and I am back at work, I haven't been able to put up any new posts. I am working on getting together a section on my blog explaining my process, the materials I use, etc., which a couple of you have asked for. So not to worry, I haven't forgotten!

Also, I need some help from you!

I work at a Swiss bakery, and I have been given the 'ok' to sell my work there (!). I am currently brainstorming for possible papercut ideas along a German/Swiss theme. Now your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me come up with some ideas! Anything and everything is welcome! Be my muses and help me get my creative juices flowing!

And something having nothing to do with paper cutting, a picture of me with my parent's new dog, Mischa.


P.S. I also added my e-mail address to the side bar on the right, in case you wanted to e-mail me your ideas rather than leave them as a comment. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

4 comments:

  1. http://www.parlament.ch/e/service-presse/fuehrungen/pages/default.aspx

    The photo gallery is cool. I was trying to find a picture of part of the ceiling because it looked very neat on that one Villars tin.

    http://www.parlament.ch/d/service-presse/fotogalerie/kuppelhalle/PublishingImages/kuppelhalle-02-g.jpg

    Like that. I don't know how well that would work as a papercut though. Check out the photo gallery on the first page!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_Swiss_cantons

    The canton flags would be cool if you could figure something out to get the colors. I bet they would be really popular.

    Have you ever done paper cuts in different colors and layered them together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, AWESOME! Thanks, Jennie!
    Actually, yes, I have been thinking of moving into layered paper cuts. I just discovered a new paper that I really love that would be great for that and it comes in all kinds of cool colors. I just need to start thinking of a design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do a lot of Swiss Army Knives all opened up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea why I didnt even think of that. Duh. Good one, Robby!

    ReplyDelete