Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Great Design-A-Thon

Good morning, everyone! What a great July it was. I was so occupied with events, activities, and designing things that the days whizzed by before I knew it. Now we are in August! Can you believe it?

This month is paper cut month. I have a huge number of commissions to get through, and more keep coming. So I am in the middle of what I call, The Great Design-A-Thon. My process is as follows:

1.) Get information on what exactly the client is looking for. How big? What color? What subject? Etcetera.

2.) Make a rough sketch (or two, or three) of the design. Send it, and suggestions, to the client.

3.) Wait back for confirmation/input.

4.) Make new design and/or start cutting.

5.) Fini!

Add to this a number of artwork submission requests I have received for upcoming art shows, and I am a busy gal!

Im not going to post any pictures of the commissions I am currently working on (I will post those when they are completed and are in their forever homes), but I will leave you with a couple of paper cuts I made for my project with Bedford Creek Press.




No comments:

Post a Comment