Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lake Placid Center for the Arts - Juried Art Show Opening 9/23/11

Wow. Just wow.

I drove 4+ hours on Friday to get from my house to Lake Placid for the opening, and it was totally worth it! What a great show. There are some amazingly talented people out there. So many mediums were represented at the show: collage, stone and wood carvings, paintings, photography, weaving, pencil drawings...amazing. The show is up until October 23rd, so if you are in the area, you should check it out!

The opening:


The art center.


The refreshments were set up outside. A lot of people showed up!


The exhibit space was nicely presented.

Left: Afterglow by Suzanne Doin
Right: Patterned Growth by Nip Rogers

Papageno Costume: The Magic Flute Opera by Timothy Westbrook


So many great pieces on exhibit.

Left: Earthbeat by Ralph Prata
Right: Oranges by Ruth Crotty

Dawn by Analise Rigan

Left: The Source by Ian Burcroff
Right: Echos of a Dream by Annoel Krider



By 5:30, the room was full of visitors.


Dramatic lighting.

And finally...


...


....yours truly!

2 comments:

  1. Mina, your papercuts are amazing!! I can't believe I haven't seen this blog before now! It's making me think, I really wanna get out there and practice photography (or something!) every day. Thanks for that.

    Also I noticed that Nip Rogers' stuff is in there - have you met him? Keela Dates' uncle, I believe. His stuff is really cool too, and he himself is wonderful.

    Hope you're doing well!
    Molly C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Molly! And I didn't get to officially meet Nip Rogers, but I greatly admire his work. I especially love what he has made for Keela. It's so neat to see the combining of passions in his pieces...his passion for art and her passion for Jambo Jipya. I hope I can do work that good one day!!

      Delete